Replacing an entire roof can be expensive, and most property owners will try to put off this task for for as long as possible. In the meantime, you can either do minor repairs jobs or patching up leaks that won’t cost you much at the time, or you can get a roofing specialist to do a more thorough repair that will help extend the life cycle of the roof. Here are a few tips to help you decide whether it’s worth going all in and replacing the old roof as opposed to doing more repairs.
When Old Roof Repairs Are Best
If you don’t have the funds for a full roof replacement, then a good repair can help you extend the roof for a few more years. Here are a few times when old repairs are of best use.
- If your roof is only damaged in a small area or on one side of your home, then a repair may be the better option! The only problem here is that the new roofing materials might look different to your old tiles so it may look a bit strange.
- If your roof is still in relatively good condition, then you should definitely only do a smaller repair like a fresh coat of paint and some sealer which can make a world of difference.
- If you are planning on selling your property in the near future, then a few roof repairs and a renovation is worth doing. To make sure you get the best return for your property it’s always advisable getting a full roof restoration before selling.
- A roof restoration can offer your roof a new lease of life with a full clean, paint, reseal and renovate!
When a Complete Roof Replacement is Best
Here are a few times when it is best to get a full roof replacement instead of only doing smaller repairs.
- If the damage to your roof is extensive, then it is best to just get a roof replacement. Repairs are charged per square metre, and if the damaged area is just very large, then your repairs can easily cost just as much as as replacing it.
- A new roof can increase your property dollar value dramatically and can make home life a lot more functional if you choose the right materials and colour scheme and will keep you safe from the elements and harsh weather!
- Roofs that are made of cheap materials are best to be replaced with something more durable. Why waste money on a low cost fix when you can get a high-quality re-roof for a small outlay?
When looking for a roofing contractor in Townsville then it’s worth shopping around to see what company can offer competitive pricing and be reliable , up front and show previous works!